Sunday, October 14, 2012

Problems with EDS and Rolfing

So far, I've had nothing but good things to say about rolfing.  I have, however, realized that one problem I consider minor should be mentioned for the benefit of others who would not think so.  Bruising.

On symptom of  EDS is easy bruising.  In my case, this is confined to some areas of my body - other regions being less likely to bruise in similar situations.  Not all EDSers have similar bruising patterns; ranging from severe bruising from a minor bump to little or no bruising from a major fall.

Rolfing is deep tissue work, and I have, on several occasions, found bruises after a session.  At this point, I consider this a minor inconvenience compared to the overall success, but not everyone would agree.  As such, I wanted to make sure I mention it in case others are considering rolfing.

No comments: